The BNT facilitators and staff are hosting an informational meeting for students and parents on Tuesday October 2, 2:45-4:00pm.
The meeting is designed to help parents support students at home with the honors project as well as allow students to bring need to knows to our facilitators.
We are excited to see the proposals that our students create.
All honors project proposals are due on Friday October 5th.
2:45 – 3:00 – Welcome
3:00 – 4:00 – Parents get general info about BNT honors program, while students do 15 minute rotations between classes to get class-specific info
4:00 – 4:30 – Staff is available for extra support/assistance/questions
So excited to share the details for the BNT Semester Honors Program that was rolled out to students this past week!!! Good Luck to all students striving for excellence!!!
Honors project entry doc
BNT Honors Calendar
Honors Project Proposal Evaluation Rubric
- I.D. Required
- Khaki Pants- NO BLUE JEANS
- Tennis Shoes-NO FLIP FLOPS
- Park at Damons/Wolverine Tower Parking lot on State Street, take the shuttle over to the Big House
Great first meeting of the school year! Big THANK YOU to all that came out for the meeting! Hope to see the rest of you at a future meeting!!!
We had a special guest this evening, Martha Toth; Van Buren Public School Board President attended tonight’s meeting! It was great to have her there and share in the excitement and promise of a new school year for Belleville New Tech!
Overview of topics 9/19/2012
- ECA(early College Access) Visits/Proposals
- Plans/Goals to make BNT an early college by next year
- College conversations with students- Beginning in October
- School Tours-Beginning Mid October
- Parents, Community, other New Tech schools, ect…
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Reinforcement Program)
- Focus on collecting data, recognizing patterns and ability to intervene and get parental support in solutions where needed before serious issues.
- Reward systems
- Overview of Grades 9 and 10
- Many 10th graders showing support to incoming Freshman class, adjustment to new learning technique positively impacted!
- Honors Program
- All students can try for Honors credit per semester
- Student Driven/Facilitator Supported
- Overview of requirements and educational standards
(details to follow after student roll out tomorrow)
- What does a successful parent involvement group look like?
- Discussion took place, list of comments created (will be shared in a
future post) This will be utilized to set some of the goals for the PAC!!!
Hope to see you at the next meeting!
BNT Parent Group
ATTENTION NEW TECH FAMILIES….We have had to make a couple of changes to the PAC Meeting schedule. We apologize but this could not be avoided. We hope to see you at the November meeting!
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month (excluding December)
Meeting time: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (MEETINGS ARE HELD TO ONE HOUR)
Meeting room location may vary and will be communicated in advance of the meeting, but will always be held at BHS
OCTOBER 17(cancelled)—-NOVEMBER 20 (Date Change/Holiday)—-JANUARY 16—-FEBRUARY 20—-MARCH 20
APRIL 17—-MAY 22
Please join in!
Meeting time: 6 pm *MEETINGS LAST ONE HOUR
Where held: BHS Room 320 WEDNESDAY 9/19
Main Topics for this meeting:
* Honors Program Roll Out
* Committee ideas/group formations
* Update on U of M concession fundraiser
Hope you can join us!!