BNT sophomores in Politics and Literature have been working hard on a project called My Party 12. The project is designed to let students create their own political party, platform, and campaign in order to compete against the entire New Tech Network. Students investigated issues and created campaign commercials to advertise their campaign plans. All BNT students showcased their commercials in the mini Auditorium on October 17th.
BNT students selected the Popular Party as the representative for our school to compete against the rest of the network. The Popular Party consists of James Hogg, Kym Leggett, Abbey Bentley, and Victoria Perkins.
After two weeks of hard politicking from all of our Belleville New Tech students, the top 5 parties from across the New Tech Network were announced yesterday.
The Popular Party made the TOP 5!!!!!!!!!
• The Open Arms Party Eagle Tech Academy, Columbia City, IN
• The Perseverance Party Sioux Falls New Tech High, Sioux Falls, SD
• The Popular Party Belleville New Tech High School, Belleville, MI
• The Aequus Party New Tech Institute, Evansville, IN
• Team Infinite Warren New Tech High, Warrenton, NC
BNT erupted in applause, cheers, and smiles when the top 5 were announced! It was an amazing moment to be a part of.
The Top 5 playlist is here.
- Students will be asking questions about the candidate’s platforms and tweeting their own concerns/ideas.
- Can we get this hashtag to trend?
- Will we get a reply from either candidate?
- The more students tweeting the more likely either could happen!